Office of Elections & Voter Registration
General & Special Election – Powhatan County
Member House of Delegates (65th District)
Treasurer (for unexpired term to end 12/31/2023)
Member Board of Supervisors- District 2 (for unexpired term to end 12/31/2023)
Voting Early In-Person
- Any registered voter may vote early in person on a voting machine located in the Early Voting Drive-Thru Tent located in the rear parking lot of the Village Building located at 3910 Old Buckingham Road.
- All voters must provide an acceptable form of ID.
- The tent will be open Monday – Friday, September 17 – October 29 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The tent will be closed on Monday, October 11 in observance of Columbus Day.
- The tent will be open on Saturday, October 23 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The tent will be open on Saturday, October 30 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 30 is the LAST day to vote in person prior to Election Day.
- If you requested to vote by mail and have since changed your mind; please bring your unmarked mailed ballot & corresponding envelopes with you to surrender in order to vote in-person instead.
Absentee Voting by Mail
- If you have a Virginia issued Driver’s License or State ID, you may complete an absentee application online. Visit vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation. Follow the prompts to apply to vote absentee by mail.
- Call 804-598-5604 to request an application be mailed to you.
Submitting Absentee Application
- Print, complete, and sign a paper application.
- By mail: Powhatan County Office of Elections / 3910 Old Buckingham Rd / Powhatan, VA 23139
- By Fax: 804-598-5607
- By scanned attachment - email: email@example.com
Deadline to apply
Friday, October 22 is the last day to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you. You may fax or email the application as an attachment or send it by mail to the election’s office. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on October 22.
Submitting Absentee Ballot
- There is a secure Ballot Drop Box that is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week outside of the Village Building (left side facing the parking lot) located at 3910 Old Buckingham Road.
- The ballot drop box will be available September 17 through Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 7 PM.
- Ballots are collected daily.
- Absentee ballots may also be mailed to the Powhatan County Office of Elections / 3910 Old Buckingham Rd / Powhatan, VA 23139 and must be postmarked by November 2, 2021. Please use the privacy envelope and the self-addressed stamped return envelope provided for you.
Vote on Election Day: November 2, 2021
- State Election: Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, House of Delegate. Special Elections: Treasurer (Countywide) & Board of Supervisor (District 2 Only)
- All polling places will open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
Important Dates & Deadlines
Begin absentee voting
Fri. Sept. 17
Monday - Friday
9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST
Final day to register or update information
Tues. Oct. 12
Before 5 p.m. EST
Last day to request a ballot be mailed to you
Fri. Oct. 22
Before 5 p.m. EST
Absentee voting at early voting drive-thru tent
Fri. Sept 17 - Sat. Oct 30
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
(closed on Sundays)
Final day to vote at early voting drive-thru tent
Sat. Oct. 30
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tue. Nov. 2
6 a.m.-7 p.m.
The Powhatan County Office of Elections is located in the Village Building, Lower Level
(3910 Old Buckingham Road, Suite E).
Office Hours are 9 AM - 5 PM,
Monday - Friday (closed on holidays)
The office is most easily accessible from the left side door as facing. There is an ADA accessible ramp in the front of the building.
Please contact the Office of Elections for directions or for questions about the upcoming election, absentee voting, and voter registration status at (804) 598-5604 or by e-mailing Karen Alexander (Registrar) at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Kristin Love (Assistant Registrar)at