The County Administration office aims to provide the highest quality of customer service by maintaining open communications with the business community, legislative delegation, surrounding local governments and County residents.
AppointmentThe County Administrator is appointed by the Board of Supervisors to be the chief administrative officer of the County and to implement the policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Supervisors.
Administrator DutiesThe County Administrator is responsible to the Board of Supervisors for the proper management of all the affairs of the County, including:
- Appointing all officers and employees of the County, except as he may authorize the head of an office, department and board responsible to him to appoint subordinates in such office, department and board
- Executing the budget as finally adopted by the Board of Supervisors
- Keeping the Board of Supervisors fully advised on the County's financial condition and its future financial needs
- Making reports to the Board of Supervisors as required or deemed advisable upon the affairs of the locality
- Performing such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Supervisors
- Receiving reports from and giving directions to all heads of offices, departments and boards of the locality under his control and supervision
- Seeing that all ordinances, resolutions, directives and orders of the governing body and all laws of the Commonwealth required to be enforced through the governing body are faithfully executed
- Submitting a proposed annual budget to the Board of Supervisors, with his recommendations, in accordance with general law